Juvéderm is a very popular FDA approved injectable gel made of hyaluronic acid that is injected into the face to instantly restore volume and hydration. Wrinkles and folds, like the smile lines or nasolabial folds are smoothed away for up to a year.
Juvéderm comes in a thick and thin version to target both tiny lines and volume loss in large areas. No allergy testing is required and the results are beautiful!
Candidates For Juvéderm
- Lip and lip border
- Fine lines on the upper lip
- Nasolabial folds (folds from the nose to the mouth)
- Marionette Lines (lines from the corners of the mouth down to the chin)
- Chin and all around the mouth
- Jaw line
- Under the eyes or “tear trough”
- Between the brows
Patients need to be aware that some medications increase the likelihood of bruising. Therefore, Dr. Abramson advises patients to stop taking the medications listed below for 4-7 days prior to Juvéderm injections.
- Motrin, Advil, Ibroprofen, Naprosyn (or same class of anti-inflammatory medications)
- Fish oils
- Vitamin E
- Ginko Biloba
- Coumadin or Lovenox (though you are more likely to bruise if you are on these, we suggest you DO NOT stop this medication, and seek your primary doctors approval)
About the Procedure
All filler treatments procedures start with either a topical anesthetic, an injection of anesthetic, or an anesthetic block to lessen or eliminate discomfort. Once the desired area is numb, Dr. Abramson will inject the Juvéderm filler under the skin. Multiple injections are made so the dermal filler is evenly distributed through the area. The entire procedure can be performed in less than an hour.
- DO NOT rub or massage the area unless instructed to do so for 24 hours.
- Apply ice to the area – especially lips.
- DO NOT sleep on the face or compress the area for 2-3 days.
- Avoid significant facial expressions for 4-8 hours.
- Swelling and redness will subside within 24 hours.
- DO NOT exercise for 24 hours
- DO NOT expose area to heat for 24 hours.
- No facials for one week.
Abramson Facial Plastic Surgery & Rejuvenation Center uses innovative, state-of-the-art techniques and instruments to perform aesthetic procedures for patients throughout the Metro Atlanta, GA area. Call 404/297-1789 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Abramson to discuss facial fillers today.