Facelifts can reverse the effects gravity has on the face, and make you look younger and fresher. As we age, we all experience the effects of gravity and age-related changes. Stress, wear and tear and lifestyle factors also contribute to the unwanted changes we see in our faces, such as deep creases, lines, wrinkles, folds and fat deposits. Men and women in their forties and older commonly decide to “turn back the clock” by having a Facelift.
A Facelift involves removing excess fat and skin from the face, tightening relaxed muscles, and re-draping the skin over the face and neck. A Facelift can be done on its own or along with other facial procedures such as Eyelift (Blepharoplasty) or Rhinoplasty. The results give you a more youthful appearance, with smoother, tighter skin, while removing the unwanted lines, wrinkles and folds!
Prior to a Facelift procedure, Dr. Peter Abramson recommends that patients adhere to standard pre-op guidelines to allow for patient safety and maximum post-op results as follows:
- Eat a healthy diet rich in nutrients.
- DO NOT smoke in the weeks surrounding the procedure.
- DO NOT take pain medication containing aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Provide Dr. Abramson with a list of any medications that are taken regularly.
- DO NOT eat or drink after midnight the night before the procedure.
- DO NOT wear makeup or contact lenses to surgery.
- Patients must have a friend or relative drive them to and form the procedure.
Aftercare and Recovery
Because a Facelift is considered to be an out-patient procedure, patients can begin the recovery process in the comfort of their own home the same day as surgery. After the procedure, a loose fitting dressing is applied. Typically, there is little to no discomfort after surgery; however, if pain is present it can easily be controlled with over-the-counter medication. Discoloration and bruising is a normal part of the recovery process and generally fades away within seven days. To help the recovery process, Dr. Abramson suggests that patients do the following:
- Keep the head elevated as much as possible
- Avoid strenuous activities for 2 to 3 weeks
- Be gentle with facial and hair care due to tenderness
- Camouflage makeup can be worn to cover bruising
- Keep scheduled follow-up appointments after surgery
We recommend Jane Iredale cosmetic mineral makeup, which actually aids in healing while providing effective coverage.
Healing will be gradual, and the visible results will appear over time, so be patient!
Rhinoplasty Atlanta uses innovative, state-of-the-art techniques and instruments to perform a variety of Rhinoplasty and aesthetic procedures for patients throughout the Metro Atlanta, GA area including Alpharetta, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Marietta, and Johns Creek. Call 404/297-1789 today to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Abramson to determine if Rhinoplasty is right for you.